Community Police

Message from Iain Ward, South Section, Community Inspector, Perth & Kinross LPA

You will see that although we are now a National service, we have maintained a local focus for Kinross-shire. I plan to keep our Multi Member Ward Plan as fresh and as relevant as possible in order to capture what our community requires, I plan to review these plans every six months with our elected representatives who will seek your views on this document in due course.

If you have any views on this plan and any views on how we can improve our service delivery, I would be glad to hear from you or indeed if you would prefer to do this through your elected Cllrs, I will formally consult with them again towards the end of the summer.

Link: Police Scotland Community page for the Kinross–shire area

Link: Multi Member Ward Plan

How to contact Community Police

By telephone on the Tayside Police non emergency number of 101
By email on
By appointment at either the Bridge of Earn or Kinross Police stations

In the event of an emergency dial 999.

Please do not use any of the above contact methods to report a crime. Please call 101. You can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 to provide information relating to criminal activity of any sort.


Our Community Safety Department, based in Perth, has alarms for sale to the public which are generally cheaper than if buying them off the internet or in the shops.
Such alarms will hopefully disrupt and deter criminal activity such as thefts of power tools and garden equipment from sheds.

Slimline Personal Alarms - £2

Alert Multi Function Alarm - £6
Excellent for motorbikes, scooters, caravans, sheds, computers and other valuable property.

Motion Detector Alarm with Telephone Function - £12
Alarm can be used for Home, Apartment, Office, Garage and Sheds

Contact Community Safety Department on 01738 892642 or Constable McDonald for any further information required.